- Organization: Hachi Security.
- Position: Software Engineer (Intern).
- Work Address: Remote.
- Duration: Flexible, suitable as a summer internship or for a year in the industry.
- Compensation: 4000 ~ 6000 USD per month, subject to experience.
Hachi is a research effort in security, programming language theory, and formal methods related to the Cardano blockchain. By joining our small team as a Software Engineer (Intern), you will help develop our tools aimed at dApp developers and the broader public while gaining experience in software engineering, security, blockchain technologies, and formal methods. You can read about some of our existing work on our blog. At Hachi, we are big believers in open-source software, and we try to make our code publicly accessible on our GitHub whenever possible.
- Design and implement applications in Haskell.
- Write unit tests and property-based tests.
- Write technical documentation.
- Learn about concepts related to blockchain, smart contracts, and programming language theory.
- Contribute to team discussions to help plan the direction of our work, exchange ideas, and provide updates.
We are looking for
- Essential: Current undergraduate or postgraduate students in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Essential: Experience with Haskell from a combination of an undergraduate course in functional programming, personal projects, or previous experience in the industry.
- Essential: Experience with software engineering, including version control using Git.
- Essential: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a fully remote working environment that spans multiple time zones.
- Essential: Independent work ethic with the desire to deliver value autonomously.
- Essential: Desire and willingness to learn and apply new skills, tools, and technologies.
- Preferred: Experience with containerisation using Docker.
- Preferred: Experience with continuous integration using GitHub Actions.
- Preferred: Experience or an interest in blockchain technologies and smart contracts.
- Preferred: Experience or an interest in programming language theory.
- Desired: Experience or an interest in cybersecurity.
- Desired: Experience or an interest in formal methods.
- Optional: Experience with full-stack web development.
How to apply
Email [email protected] with a CV and cover letter, including a link to your GitHub profile. Recruitment for this position is continuous. We aim to respond to you within a few days of receiving it. The interview process will comprise of one or more interviews with members of the Hachi team, as well as a take-home challenge.